The EURL has to organise annual meetings for the European National Reference Laboratories. Aims of the meeting are to :
- Provide most recent information about the health status of molluscs (picture) in the EU and neighbouring countries (accessing countries),
- Collate material concerning the results of diagnosis and surveys regarding Bonamia ostreae and Marteilia refringens presence in the Member States,
- Give information about the results of studies undergoing within the network of the National Reference Laboratories,
- Give technical views on the revision of the current legislation,
- Prepare the future work of the EURL.
The 2017 Annual Meeting and the 11th Technical Workshop of National Reference Laboratories for Mollusc Diseases was held in the Marine Institute facilities in Oranmore, Ireland on the 28th, 29th and 30th of March 2017. In total, 47 participants from 20 countries (Bulgaria, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Montenegro, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Sweden, The Netherlands, and United-Kingdom) attended the meeting.
The Annual Meeting included six sessions:
1/ The current epidemiological situation in each Member State
3/ Recent works on OsHV-1 and Vibrios infecting molluscs
5/ News from the Bench
6/ EURL day life activities.
The Technical Workshop included two histological observation sessions: 1/ Healthy tissues 2/ Molluscs pathogens: Paramyxida in molluscs.
Reports of the Annual Meetings and Technical Workshops are available in the "NRLs' Section" (access restricted to European National Reference Laboratories for molluscs diseases)