The EURL has to organise annual meetings for the European National Reference Laboratories. Aims of the meeting are to :
- Provide most recent information about the health status of molluscs (picture) in the EU and neighbouring countries (accessing countries),
- Collate material concerning the results of diagnosis and surveys regarding Bonamia ostreae and Marteilia refringens presence in the Member States,
- Give information about the results of studies undergoing within the network of the National Reference Laboratories,
- Give technical views on the revision of the current legislation,
- Prepare the future work of the EURL.
The 2018 Annual Meeting of National Reference Laboratories for Mollusc Diseases was held in the Espace encan in La Rochelle, France, on the 14th & 15th of March 2018. In total, 34 participants from 19 countries (Belgium, Croatia, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Montenegro, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Sweden, The Netherlands, and United-Kingdom) attended the meeting.
The Annual Meeting included five sessions:
1/ The current epidemiological situation in each Member State
2/ Mollusc diseases management
3/ New advances on the diagnosis of mollusc pathogens
4/ News from the Bench
5/ Recent detections of mollusc pathogens.
Reports of Annual Meetings are available in the "NRLs' Section" (access restricted to European National Reference Laboratories for molluscs diseases)