The EURL has to organise annual meetings for the European National Reference Laboratories. Aims of the meeting are to :
- Provide most recent information about the health status of molluscs (picture) in the EU and neighbouring countries (accessing countries),
- Collate material concerning the results of diagnosis and surveys regarding Bonamia ostreae and Marteilia refringens presence in the Member States,
- Give information about the results of studies undergoing within the network of the National Reference Laboratories,
- Give technical views on the revision of the current legislation,
- Prepare the future work of the EURL.
The 2019 Annual Meeting and the 12th Technical Workshop of National Reference Laboratories for Mollusc Diseases was organised in collaboration with the Interreg COCKLES project in the Marine Station of Arcachon, France, on the 19th, 20th & 21st of March 2019. In total, 55 participants from 19 countries (Croatia, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Montenegro, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, The Netherlands, Turkey and United-Kingdom) attended the meeting.
The Annual Meeting included five sessions:
1/ The current epidemiological situation in each Member State
3/ EURL activities
4/ News from VIVALDI
5/ Cockles diseases.
The Technical Workshop included two sessions:
1/ Histological examination of cockles infected with some pathogens,
2/ Identification of Trematodes in cockles.
Reports of Annual Meetings are available in the "NRLs' Section" (access restricted to European National Reference Laboratories for molluscs diseases)