European National Reference Laboratories for mollusc diseases are asked to fill in a questionnaire sent annualy by the EURL.
This questionnaire includes three sessions:
- General data on mollusc production
- Diagnostic methods used by laboratories for the detection of mollusc diseases
- Epidemiological results for the surveillance of Mollusc diseases including:
- regular monitoring of EU regulated pathogens and other important pathogens
- monitoring of mollusc mortality events
The EURL collates this information before the Annual Meeting where representatives from each Member State present the disease situation in their respective country, emphasising on EU regulated diseases (see "Legislation" page). Until 2017, these data were compiled in Annual Meeting reports ( available in the "NRLs' Section"). Since 2018, those epidemiological reports are available in a dedicated sub-section in the NRLs' section (access restricted to European National Reference Laboratories for molluscs diseases).